Day 1 (Night in Habarana)
Welcome the visitors at the Bandaranayake International Airport and proceeding to Habarana
Habarana is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Sri Lanka located in the center of the Cultural Triangle where you can easily access most of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites (Sacred City of Anuradhapura / Ancient City 0f Polonnaruwa / Sigiriya / Dambulla) together with National Park. Recommended destination during your Buddhist tour in Sri Lanka.
Day 2 (Night in Habarana)
- Today we do a day excursion to The Sacred City of Anuradhapura (UNESCO World Heritage)
- Explore Buddhist monuments in Anuradhapura and watch Buddhist rituals in Sri Lanka
- Lunch in Anuradhapura
- Leave for Mihintale and explore Mihintale ancient Buddhist monastery
- Back to Habarana
- Overnight Stay in Habarana
Anuradhapura UNESCO World Heritage site was the cradle of glorious Sinhalese Buddhist civilization and the center of Theravada Buddhism for centuries. Because of the city’s magnificent collection of ruins and living heritages, UNESCO named it as a world heritage site in 1982. You will be visiting a handful of Buddhist pilgrimage sites of Sri Lanka during your visit to Anuradhapura.
Day 3 (Night in Habarana)
- Proceed to Ancient City of Polonnaruwa (UNESCO World Heritage)
- Explore Polonnaruwa ancient city including Buddhist monuments and historical monuments
- Drive through the banks of Parakrama Samudraya (Lake)
Back to Habarana
- Private jeep safari at Minneriya National Park
- Overnight stay in Habarana
Polonnaruwa was the second capital of Sri Lanka for three centuries from 11th to 13th century after the destruction of Anuradhapura Kingdom in 993. Due to its archeological prominence and the ancient technological superiority UNESCO declared Polonnaruwa as a World Heritage in 1982. Polonnaruwa ancient city is one of the most important Buddhist Pilgrimages sites in Sri Lanka.
Day 4 (Night in Kandy)
- 4th day of Sri Lanka Buddhist pilgrimage tour
- Visit to Sigiriya Rock Fortress (UNESCO World Heritage)
- Leave Habarana and proceed to Kandy
- En-root visit Dambulla cave temple (UNESCO World Heritage)
- Enroot visit Alu Viharaya Buddhist temple
- Overnight stay in Kandy
Sigiriya Rock Fortress was built by King Kashyapa during the reign of 473 – 495 which is standing majestically 660 feet straight up. Today Sigiriya rock fortress is one of the most famous Archeological Treasures. A most recommended place to visit during your family holiday in Sri Lanka.
Day 5 (Night in Colombo)
- Visit to Sacred Tooth Relic Temple Kandy. Recommend to participate for the pooja (Service) at 5.30 AM
- Transfer to Colombo
Visit Royal Botanic Gardens Kandy en-route
- Enroot visit Gatambe Temple / Gadoladeniya temple
- Enroot visit Elephant Orphanage Pinnawala
- Visit Kelaniya temple
- Overnight stay in Colombo
Kelaniya Temple is one of the most venerated Buddhist Temples in Sri Lanka. This sacred temple dates back to the time before chronologically recorded history of Sri Lanka. It is believed to be the place where Buddha visited Sri Lanka for the third time. This is among the must visit Buddhist pilgrimage sites in Sri Lanka.
Day 6 (Departure)
- Visit Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple and participate in Meditation program
- Sightseeing city tour in Colombo
- End of the Sri Lanka Buddhist Pilgrimage tour
- Leave for Airport according to your flight time.
Gangaramaya Buddhist Temple – situated near Beira Lake, in the heart of Colombo, is one of the latest additions to Buddhist temples in Sri Lanka. Originally a small hermitage on a piece of marshy land, it gradually grew into the monastery complex it is today, This temple is also a recommended place to visit during Sri Lanka Buddhist Pilgrimage tour.
REQUEST A QUOTE
For any inquires on this package fill the below form with your information so one of our tour consultant can contact you to provide further details.